Just wanted to do a quick dump of some of the more interesting changes/bugfixes that have gone in since my last update.
- Secondary weapons now fire staggered like primary weapons
- You can now view various stats about a system on the galaxy map. Faction influences, services offered, number of inhabited planets, and an estimate of the value of your fleet’s current inventory
- The game now knows the difference between a rocky/icy world, gas giants, and earth-like planets, and star system generation will place them more appropriately
- Dragging out a selection box to select multiple AI ships at once is now functional. If you order your fleet to attack with multiple ships selected, your fleet ships will engage the entire group and choose targets individually based on their own targeting priorities
- Lots of new planet and moon art
- Radar size is now constant on screen (no longer scales with screen resolution). The radar screen is also zoomable now.
- The commodities on the Galactic Trading Network can now be sorted for easy shopping – by name, or by price.
- Civilians will now be more likely to run from combat. It seemed unrealistic to me that if they got caught in the crossfire of a military engagement, that a civilian ship would join the fray. If they are attacked my a military ship, they will now flee the system.
- Planets will orbit around the system’s main star while you are on the planet.
- AI Ships with very high mass and low thrust are now better able to enter orbit over planets.
- Fixed an issue that would cause ships to occasionally spawn with entries in their hate list.
- Fixed an issue that would cause player fleet ships to occasionally attack the wrong target, sometimes each other or even the player.
- Fixed an issue that would cause ships to sometimes spawn with the same ShipID, leading to targeting errors and causing all sorts of other weird behavior.
- Fixed an issue where after finishing combat, AI ships would continue to select a new destination until ‘leave system’ was selected, instead of perhaps selecting a planet as a destination.
- Fixed an issue where AI ships would spawn completely brain dead after being recycled.
- Fixed an issue that would essentially lock the user out of the UI if they completed or were offered more than one mission simultaneously.